Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bucket list for #JanBlogADay

Day Three: Bucket List.


Again, I am trying to keep up with the link up Katrina over at Sota is Sexy is doing in January. Because she is right, January can get kinda boring.

I know that "bucket list" is supposed to refer to things you want to do before you kick the bucket, but truthfully, I think that reference is kind off putting. And bucket is a really strange word. Just say it out loud real quickly. 
Bucket.
Bucket.
Bucket.

I don't like it. I do, however, like the idea of having a list off things you want to accomplish before you.... are done accomplishing things. Before you drift off peacefully in your sleep, or are mauled to death by tigers. I've always thought going out with a bang would be way more interesting, hence the tiger eating you reference. See? The term bucket list just makes conversations go such strange places.

The List:

1. Be happy the vast majority of my days.
2. Get another little dog friend for Ace. Preferably an engagement puppy.
3. Spend at least part of the holiday season in New York City.
4. Drink Bordeaux in Bordeaux.
5. Hike along the Great Wall in China.
6. Have a career that I find interesting and fulfilling.
7. Always stay friends with my dad.
8. Play with a tiger without it eating me.
9. Live in the middle of a booming metropolis.
10. After that, live on an acreage just outside of a decent sized city.
11. Get married to the man of my dreams.
12. Own a home.
13. Learn how to decorate my home without it looking ridiculous.
14. Grow my own herbs and vegetables.
15. Learn how to apply makeup successfully.
16. Learn Arabic.
17. Go skydiving.
18. Run a half marathon.
19. See at least 3 of the Great Wonders of the world.
20. Go to the Calgary Stampede.


Alright, that's enough dreaming for today. It's just making my current life look so sad.


2 comments:

  1. I was wondering why it was called that!

    You are quite varied in your interests, very well rounded. I hope you do get to do all of those things! My grandma would love to play with a tiger. She always wanted to own a big cat. Dang laws and fears of being eaten ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just want to explore the whole world so much. And maybe even bring my pet tiger along for the ride. Do you think I would have to get two plane seats for him? :)

      Delete